A short lists of the benefits and advantages of masturbation for males.
An online friend recently shared to me news about a boy in Brazil who died after masturbating 42 times without stopping. That is really absurd and I doubt the validity of the report. Nonetheless, it triggered my interest and so I looked up for researches or literature claiming that masturbation can kill. I found a few, but they were extreme and inappropriate cases.
Instead, I found several intriguing facts about masturbation for both male and female, as well as the benefits of practicing it. Well, masturbation may be an act springing out of horniness or heat, but there are many advantages derived from it. Here are ten benefits of male masturbation.
1. It cuts the risk of prostate cancer. Regular ejaculation, in which masturbation is one easy practice, can help reduce acquiring prostate cancer. In an Australian research in 2008, it was reported that men who had frequent ejaculations between 20 and 50 years of age received sufficient protection against the disease. Those who masturbated more than five times a week were one-third less likely to develop prostate cancer. This is because carcinogens are flushed out from the prostate gland during ejaculation. The gland produces a fluid during ejaculation that energizes the sperms and prevents them from sticking to one another. Consequently, masturbation can improve the quality of semen. As an expert puts it, “The more you flush the ducts out, the less there is to hang around and damage the cells that line them.”
2. Masturbation can function as a cardiovascular workout. People suffering from cardiovascular disorders, say those recovering from myocardial infarction or heart attacks, should resume physical activity gradually. Masturbation can be a good option since it helps proper blood flow and breathing. Still, they must work within the limitations that their physical status allows.
3. It releases tension and stress. Whether from masturbation or intercourse, sexual climax leaves one in a relaxed and contented state. Most usually, it is followed by drowsiness and sleep. Another consequence is that masturbation fights depression.
4. It keeps you in good health. In a 2008 study at Tabriz Medical University, it was found out that ejaculation reduces swollen nasal blood vessels, freeing the airway for normal breathing. The act stimulates the sympathetic nervous system and its effect is long lasting. The author tells, “It can be done from time-to-time to alleviate the congestion and the patient can adjust the number of intercourses or masturbations depending on the severity of the symptoms.” Other literatures claim that masturbation also stimulates the immune system and can be a cure for insomnia. In general, masturbation can keep everything about the body – heart rate, blood pressure, reproductive system, brain chemistry – in very good shape.
5. It improves sexual relationships. Masturbation can be very helpful in relationships where one partner needs sex more than the other. It gives a balancing effect, and thus, a more harmonious relationship. Furthermore, mutual masturbation can aid couple in exploring or revealing each other’s “map to pleasure centers.” In this act, partners stimulate themselves in the presence of each other. This way, one finds out the methods they can use to pleasure him- or herself, allowing each partner to learn exactly how the other enjoys being touched.
6. Masturbation helps combat premature ejaculation. It is very helpful to get any guy in touch with his body and is a great way to get familiar with its responses to touch. Here, there is no pressure and it allows him to remain calm and pay attention to the experience.
7. It is safe. Unlike sexual intercourse, masturbation has no risk of contacting gonorrhea, syphilis, AIDS and sexually transmitted diseases and infections.
8. It has no performance anxiety. Masturbation is performed hassle-free. There is no need for any condom, pills or drugs, or worry about a pregnancy. Plus, it can be done anytime or anywhere.
9. It can improve self-confidence and self-awareness. Masturbation can be called as “Self-Awareness Exercise.” It is the safest and most natural way to explore your sexuality and to know yourself well. Consequently, it develops your self-esteem and makes you confident in what you have and know. In the future when you grow older, a fulfilling sex life is not hard to achieve.
10. It can help earn extra income and give the gift of life. Not all guys are blessed with the gift to procreate, or are long past the ability. Hence, some couples resort to sperm bank. Masturbation paves the way for sperm donation which helps desperate couple to start a complete family life. For the part of the donor, it is an additional income.
Masturbation may have several benefits to the body, health and overall personality of any guy. Still, too much of a “good” thing is bad enough.